- Support for Revit 2018 has been added.
- Cloud console now allows sign in as monitor only.
- Projects can now be moved to a different master in the cloud console.
- Projects can now be renamed in the cloud console.
- Console now allows management of joined projects including leaving projects and accepting/denying join requests..
- A command for comparison of two arbitrary text files has been added..
- Startup tips have been added.
- Added ability to apply without applying a specific keynote.
- Bug fixes related to specific cultures and date formats.
- Added ability to identify and fix descriptions that Revit does not understand.
- Added ability to specify the naming format for new keynotes.
- Added ability to clear recent files.
- Support for Revit 2014 has been discontinued.
- Keynote Manager now supports cloud based keynote projects.
- Now integrates with autoLink in Revit workFlow to link keynotes to views.
- Compatible with Revit 2017.
- Undo/Redo capability has been added.
- Fully unified installer for all versions of Revit as well as standalone application and cloud manager.
- Manual reload button was added to the ribbon.
- Search for or add the key value of a selected Revit object in Keynote Manager.
- Apply functions now apply notes immediately instead of when command is completed.
- Portable license key is no longer deleted from settings when using manual license return.
- Keynote text files with ‘tab only’ lines are now handled properly.
- Notes are now sorted properly on first creation and change of key value, not just when loaded.
- Fixed bug where removing a keynote left links in the external data file.
- New blank file now opens properly instead of giving error until user re-opens the file.
- Fixed issue where sequencing could go to the wrong parent in rare cases.
- Fixed issue with old backups not being properly deleted.
- Comments and links can now be added and edited directly on the main UI instead of through other dialogs.
- Comments now track value history, not just user and date of change.
- ‘Show Inactive Comments’ button added to main tool bar to allow global hiding of completed comments.
- Links can now be compiled to a single directory, filtered by keynote, file type, and much more.
- Orphaned comments and links can now be left in the file (to be picked up by recreated notes) or deleted at the users option.
- Graphic and usability updates to several dialogs including orphans, duplicates, insert from other file, and renumber.
- More options are now available on the main tool bar for KM+ interface
- Insert from other file
- Print commands
- Show Inactive Comments
- Compile Links
- Backup system has been significantly improved to allow restoring of previous backup files directly from KM as well as comparison of backup files to current files to determine changes made.
- Apply button is now available on search tabs for KM+.
- Settings dialog is now filtered to show only settings relevant to the current interface (standalone or Revit integrated). A check box setting allows temporary viewing of all settings if desired.
- Tool bar is now collapsible for additional horizontal screen real estate if desired.
- Main panel UI has been refined to make better use of horizontal space.
- Revit integrated application now includes options for Palette or Dockable Pane. Dockable pane can be docked in the Revit UI and tabbed with project browser, etc but can’t be collapsed.
- ‘Apply’ button now allows applying keynote to current selection or creating keynotes (element, material, or user) directly.
- Revit 2015 and above now supports file commands in Revit Integrated Application
- Click the file name to open the location in File Explorer.
- Click the drop down and select an option to create or open a keynote file for the current project.
- License conflict issue when shutting down KM Standalone while Revit Integrated is running has been fixed.
- Several minor issues with portable licensing have been fixed.
- Search tabs have replaced find/replace panel.
- Type a search term into the search box and a search tab will appear. Search tab can be further filtered to include or exclude various keynote properties from the search.
- Search tabs can be saved and persist from session to session.
- Add predefined search tabs to find commented/uncommented, linked/unlinked, and used/unused notes.
- Spell check has been integrated into the main program and now gives suggestions directly on the UI via familiar red underline with right click suggestions.
- Key Use feedback has been added (plus only):
- Keynotes that are used in the current model show an icon on the right column.
- Select and/or retrieve a list of elements using a keynote by clicking the ‘In Use’ indicator.
- Filter by keynote use on search tabs.
- Add predefined search tabs to show only keynotes in use or unused keynotes.
- Keynotes can now be applied to selected Revit elements by clicking the ‘Apply’ button (plus only).
- Drag and drop preview has been added.
- Initial license screen has been simplified for trial modes.
- Added setting to print key level shading or not.
- Faster startup due to ‘Check for Updates’ moving to a secondary thread.
- Added a setting for ‘Palette Visible at Startup’.
- Licensing has been simplified and updated:
- Floating licenses have been removed in favor of portable format.
- Settings relating to floating licensing have been removed.
- Previous ‘Silent Licensing’ system has been discontinued in favor of deployment of licensing through main settings file.
- Additional settings have been added for proxy server configuration.
- Usability and stability updates for floating licenses.
- Fixed selection bug that caused selection to revert to a previous state in some cases.
- New simple single license screen replaces wizard and 3 option dialog.
- Just enter your activation key and go for standard or portable licenses
- Enter your key and browse to automatically create database for floating licenses.
- Trial key is now hidden instead of coming up automatically and causing possible confusion.
- New ‘portable’ license type allows hosting license database online as well as moving licenses from one machine to another.
- Floating and portable licenses now have settings for user to define when a license is checked out and when it is returned:
- License Checkout Options:
- Automatically on Revit startup.
- Ask on Revit startup.
- Automatically on first command use.
- Ask on first command use.
- License Return Options:
- Automatically when Revit shuts down.
- Ask when Revit shuts down.
- Only when explicitly returned.
- License Checkout Options:
- Added ‘key level shading’ to allow keynotes to be color coded by their depth in the tree..
- Updated file interaction system for instant save to be more stable and faster.
- Added welcome screen to set vital settings on first time use.
- Updated Revit dictionary search to include multiple dictionaries for newly installed versions of Revit, etc.
- UI updates including popup help in several locations.
- Revit 2015 is now supported.
- The settings module has been revamped to make it easier for BIM managers to deploy default settings to their users..
- All settings are stored in a simple location in XML and automatically upgrade from version to version.
- Settings can be deployed completely, partially, or not at all by a BIM manager. Settings not deployed will revert to default values when the program is first run.
- Floating (network) licenses are now supported.
- Keynote Watcher has been replaced by Keynote Manager +.
- Keynote Manager editing directly inside of Revit on a palette.
- Palette can be positioned, flipped, collapsed, or hidden as desired and all settings are remembered from session to session.
- Correct keynote file for the current Revit project is automatically displayed.
- Key value changes in the file automatically update corresponding key values in Revit elements to avoid broken key links.
- Watcher notification system has been updated and stabilized.
- Revit 2014 is now supported.
- Pressing Shift-Enter when editing a description now temporarily overrides automatic casing.
- Keynote Manager now forces the text file to Unicode formatting for better support of special and international characters
- Spell check now skips numbers rather than identifying them as misspelled words.
- On printouts, proper margin has been added and pages are not cut off on non-borderless printers.
- Accessing files over a network is now more stable and supports non-Windows networks.
- The entire user interface (UI) of Keynote Manager has been given an overhaul to make it faster, cleaner, and more usable.
- Keynote Manager now allows opening of multiple files at the same time with a simple tabbed interface.
- The ‘Insert from Other File’ function now has an option to insert from other open files.
- Keynotes can now be edited on the fly without a dialog box.
- Keynote descriptions are a simple text box that can be edited at will; changes are committed upon pressing ‘Enter’ or moving to another text box.
- Key values can be edited by double click.
- Parents/Stacking can be edited with simple drag and drop.
- When the description value is committed the case will automatically be changed to match the auto casing setting (if applicable).
- The main interface for each text file now contains a vertical tool bar along the left side for quick access to basic commands.
- Comments and links are now listed in an expandable palette below their associated keynote.
- Comments and links can be added or managed for the selected keynote with tool bar buttons.
- Link display is directly clickable (with palette expanded) and will open the linked file or web location.
- The find/replace and spell check functions have been integrated into the interface as expandable palettes. These palettes can be hidden completely with tool bar buttons.
- With the spelling palette expanded, simply select a single keynote and any words not contained in the dictionary will appear in the ‘Not in Dictionary’ list.
- Use the ‘Next’ button to find the next word not in the spell checker dictionaries.
- Character Map can now be opened from a tool bar button.
- Printing has been dramatically upgraded and reflects the improvements to the main interface
- Printouts now display comments and links.
- Printouts now display the number of notes printed as well as total number of notes in the file.
- Page numbers are now displayed along with the total number of pages.
- Top level keynotes now are presented in bold with a light gray highlight behind them to make major sections stand out.
- Keynote Manager now contains an option for Instant Save or Manual Save.
- Instant save is the classic Keynote Manager system and is recommended for offices where more than one user may need access to the keynote file simultaneously.
- Manual save is a standard system that will lock other users out of the file when it is open. This is recommended for single users or offices where only one user is authorized to modify the keynote file.
- Licensing has been upgraded to a wizard rather than a single dialog.
- Banners and manufacturer link have been removed, giving more screen real estate and decreasing load times and internet connection issues.
- The context menu now contains a ‘Copy to Clipboard’ menu that allows copying keynotes to the clipboard as plain text to be pasted to other applications.
- Comments now track the user name of the computer creating or modifying the comment and display to the user.
- User name is automatically pulled from the Windows login name.
- Comments created with previous versions will show a blank user name unless the XML file is edited manually to add the name.
- Hovering over the current status of a comment will show a tool tip style popup of that comment’s entire history.
- Comments can now be removed entirely (with warning dialog).
- KM12 can now be installed and run concurrent with older versions of Keynote Manager.
- Keynote Manager now contains a ‘Check for Updates’ function in the About menu. This check is also run on program startup and will notify the user if an updated version is available (startup check can be turned off if desired).
- Help has been split into online help and local help. At the time of build these are identical, but the online version is the default and can be updated and enhanced without forcing a new release.
- Pressing Ctrl-Enter in a description dialog now adds a hard return to the description which will be respected by Revit.
- Dictionary file now persists to future versions.
- In certain cases, Keynote Manager would store a very large coordinate for its location (32000,32000) causing it to appear off screen on the next launch and appear to be frozen (Keynote Manager would appear in the task bar but wouldn’t show on screen). This has been corrected and Keynote Manager will no longer appear off screen.
- Certain proxy configurations could cause an error connecting to the server to download banner images and Mlink data. While this error does not stop the user from using the program it requires them to click through an additional dialog box on each startup. This has been corrected and proxy servers should be handled correctly when loading web based data.
- In certain rare situations an internal failure when deleting a keynote could cause an unhandled exception forcing the user to restart the program. This is now handled properly and simply asks the user to refresh their keynote file and attempt the deletion again.
- When exiting some dialog boxes the interface could highlight keynotes as if they were selected when the internal selection set is actually empty. This has been corrected and the highlighted notes now correctly display the internal selection set.
- The dialog display engine has been updated as follows:
- Display of dialogs is smoother and faster when dragging the main window.
- Dialogs will no longer display off screen in certain monitor configurations when the program is maximized.
- In multiple monitor configurations, dialogs will display on the monitor that main window is on and will no longer display split across screens.
- A rare potential conflict between the automatic backup system and the editing functions has been resolved and will no longer cause program crashes.
- Banner / Mlink load issue with pro version has been fixed. Settings should now properly turn these functions on and off.
- Find / Replace dialog no longer jumps from one side of the main interface when the main interface is resized or moved unless the resize/move pushes it off screen in which case it will flip sides to remain visible on screen.
- Multiple Find/Replace dialogs can no longer be created by pressing the Find/Replace button multiple times.
- Casing is now respected when checking for duplicate notes. Keynote Manager recognizes 052612.2A as a different note from 052612.2a. Note that in the new note/edit dialog Keynote Manager checks the keynote value as it will be once conversion options are applied.
- Using the ‘Edit’ keyboard shortcut when no keynote is selected no longer causes program errors.
- Keynote Watcher installer has been updated as it could previously cause an error if installed prior to Keynote Manager on 32 bit systems. Installer now works properly regardless of OS or install order.
- The banner system has been updated to detect default proxy settings. This should remove proxy related errors on Keynote Manager startup.
- Manufacturer Link system has been updated to the correct new database location and should no longer give errors on load.
- Keynotes with key values that start with keyboard shortcuts no longer interfere with the shortcut function.
- Logging – A simple logging system similar to Revit journal files has been added to provide better error reporting and troubleshooting.
- Settings Dialog – The settings dialog has been updated as follows:
- Appearance has been upgraded to a more readable tabbed interface.
- The text displaying the backup path now displays the user specific path where backups are stored rather than a generic path.
- The text displaying the backup path can be clicked to open windows explorer at the correct folder.
- The settings menu in the main interface has been updated to give options of going directly to any tab on the interface.
- Some settings have been moved from the .ini file to the .config file for easier and more extensible coding. Note that this means some settings may be lost when migrating from version 11.1 and earlier to version 11.5.
- Core Engine – Keynote Manager’s “under the hood” coding has been significantly revised. These code changes should make Keynote Manager faster, more stable, and will make many future enhancements possible.
- File interaction time is significantly improved such that it is not longer necessary to multi-thread the writing process making the application simpler and more stable. Because this is no longer necessary, the text file readout (near the bottom left) has been removed.
- Find/Replace – The find/replace dialog has been revised and a new setting has been added. Find/Replace now has the ability in the pro version to search either the key value only, description only, or both. The free version is limited to searching description only.
- Silent Licensing – For enterprise licenses or large numbers of installations, it is desirable to avoid the need to visit every computer to activate it’s license. Keynote Manager / Keynote Watcher have always been able to be installed via software distribution systems like any installer. In version 11.1 Keynote Manager / Keynote Watcher recognizes XML files with license data and automatically activates a license on startup if such data is present, allowing large companies to deploy and activate automatically without giving out their activation code.
- Keynote Watcher Versioning – Since Keynote Manager Pro and Keynote Watcher share a license, Keynote Watcher version numbers have been updated to match the corresponding Keynote Manager version to avoid confusion. Users should always use the same version of Keynote Manager and Keynote Watcher.
- Keynote Watcher Help – 3 buttons have been added to the Keynote Watcher panel; Help, Product Information, and License Information.
- Installers for version 11.0 will automatically upgrade version 10.0 and above. Previously the user was required to manually uninstall old versions of Keynote Manager before installing the new version.
- Startup/Load file validation – When a new file is loaded (including the default file at startup) Keynote Manager now checks for both orphaned keynotes (keynotes that list a parent note that is not present) and notes with duplicated keys. If any of these are found, Keynote Manager gives the user options to deal with them:
- For orphaned notes, they can be either ignored (deleted) or moved to the top level where the user can relocated them later (see below for relocation updates).
- For duplicated notes, they can be ignored (deleted), one can overwrite the other, or in the pro version the duplicates can be automatically sequenced to the next number in their current hierarchy.
- Drag and Drop (Pro Version Only) – Keynote Manager now allows notes to be reorganized via drag and drop. Simply drag a selected note over another note and it becomes a child of that note (stacks below it).
- Multi-Select (Pro Version Only) – Keynote Manager now allows selection of more than one note at a time. This opens the door for more future development, but for now the following functions are possible when multiple notes are selected:
- Delete – Select a series and delete multiple
- Renumber– Select a series of notes and renumber all selected notes in sequence.
- Comments now work properly when marking as complete with the ‘Manage All Comments’ dialog.
- In certain cases, dialog boxes could be displayed off screen creating the appearance of a frozen program. This has been updated so that dialog boxes no longer display off screen in any situation.
- More stability has been added to finding the banners online for the free version. This should increase the reliability and decrease the occurrence of the ‘Failed to Load Banners’ error. Note that this error does not cause the program function to fail or any detriment to keynote editing.
- Keynote Watcher is now able to open keynote files in Keynote Manager. If an instance of Keynote Manager is running, Keynote Watcher will open the file in that instance. If Keynote Manger is not running it will open Keynote Manger and point it to the correct file.
- Keynote Watcher now contains a single installer instead of one for 2000/xp operating systems and one for Vista/7 operating systems.
- Keynote Manager no longer allows the user to select OK on the Revit Dictionary selection dialog without selecting a file (which previously caused errors).
- Revit 2012 dictionaries are now included in the list of Revit dictionaries.
- Banner images are now clickable in their entirety and the ‘Click to Visit our Website’ text has been removed.
- The letter ‘T’ was added as a keyboard shortcut for adding top level keynotes.
- The order of keynote add options was reorganized in the main and context menus to be more logical.
- Help has been changed to an easier to use and easier to modify HTML help system.
- Info Link system has been added (Pro version only) allowing keynotes to be linked to external files and web locations.
- Keynote Manager has been split into 2 versions; the ad-supported free version and the paid pro version.
- Manufacturer Link can be turned on and off in the pro version.
- Banners can be turned on and off in the pro version
- Banners can use a custom path in pro version for companies to display their own company specific images and links to their users.
- Keynote Manager now warns user if the text file was not able to be created properly (previously, file would simply ‘disappear’ from the computer).
- Keynote Manager no longer allows text file writing functions to run concurrently & interfere with each other. Previously, an edit could be run while a deletion was in process, which would cause errors in the file or cause a false ‘File Changed’ message.
- Keynote Manager no longer allows the program to be closed while writing to the text file is in progress. Previously this could cause the text file to be truncated or deleted.
- The name of the ‘Create’ dialogs has been changed from ‘Locate New File’ to ‘New File Location’ to avoid confusion.
- Right click context menu is no longer active when no keynote file is selected.
- A commenting and markup system has been added allowing comments to the text file that do not show up in Revit. Comments are stored in a separate XML file in the same folder as the text file.
- ‘Manufacturer Link’ system has been added that searches keynotes and suggests potential manufacturers based on keynote text and keywords. ‘Manufacturer Link’ provides links to manufacturer websites, BIM Model downloads, etc. as provided by manufacturers.
- ‘Insert from other file’ command now contains branch selection options to select or de-select sub-notes, parent notes, or both. Previously only sub-notes were available.
For information on versions before 10.0 please contact Revolution Design.