autoLink allows you to transform a generic annotation into a self-updating view reference, making it possible to create almost anything as a view reference and have it update automatically. Below are a few generic annotation families to give you some ideas and get you started. They are free so please use and modify them as much as you like!
There are two feedback styles used in these families and they show two possible methods of error handling:
- Color Feedback – Families with color feedback show errors and broken links by changing colors. If the referenced view is no longer on a sheet, the reference turns orange. If the view is deleted altogether the reference turns red.
- Symbol Feedback – Families with symbol feedback show errors and broken links by causing small markers to appear near the symbol. If the referenced view is no longer on a sheet a yellow ‘warning’ triangle with an exclamation point appears; if the view is deleted a red stop sign appears with the text ‘E!’.
- ( 2014 2015 2016 2017 ) Text Note with Color Feedback – NOTE: This is the standard pre-loaded autoLink symbol.
- ( 2014 2015 2016 2017 ) Text Note with Symbol Feedback
- ( 2014 2015 2016 2017 ) Section with Color Feedback
- ( 2014 2015 2016 2017 ) Section with Symbol Feedback
- ( 2014 2015 2016 2017 ) Callout with Color Feedback